Foye MD and Spa
Weight Loss Clinic and Medical Spa Located in Houston, TX
It’s estimated that up to 30 million men in America are affected by erectile dysfunction (ED). At Foyé MD and Spa in Houston, the team has successfully treated a number of men with ED using cutting-edge therapies like the P-Shot® and testosterone treatments. To learn more, schedule an appointment today by calling the office or using the online booking tool.
What is ED?
Erectile dysfunction, also referred to as “impotence,” is the chronic inability to achieve or maintain an erection. ED can also be accompanied by a general lack of interest in sexual intercourse. While occasional ED is very common, especially during times of emotional stress or difficulty, frequent ED can be indicative of a medical problem that needs treatment.
What causes ED?
A wide range of factors, both psychological and physiological, can cause ED. Some of the physiological causes include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Being overweight
- Damage from cancer or surgery
- Drug and alcohol use
ED can result from a single one of these factors or a combination of many of them.
There is also a correlation between ED and age. Specifically, the older the age group, the higher the prevalence of ED. It’s estimated that ED occurs in:
- 12 percent of men younger than 60
- 22 percent of men between 60 and 69
- 30 percent of men older than 70
ED is not an inevitable result of aging, however. In general, your sexual functioning stays healthy as long as you stay healthy.
Dr. Foyé has extensive experience in counseling and treating men with ED, and can help you determine what might be causing your ED.
What are the treatment options for ED?
There’s a wide array of medical solutions that can successfully treat the physiological causes of ED. Some of the therapies that Foyé MD and Spa medical professionals employ for their patients at Foyé MD and Spa are testosterone therapy and the revolutionary P-Shot.
- ED patients with low testosterone frequently find relief from their ED by undergoing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), which aims to restore testosterone levels to a healthy level and increase blood flow to the penis. Sometimes a PDE-5 inhibitor, such as Viagra®, Levitra®, Cialis®, or Stendra® will be prescribed in addition to TRT.
- The OMG shot, or OMG shot, consists of platelet-rich plasma derived from your own blood and injected into your penis. Platelets are a natural stimulant for new tissue growth, and using them in your penis can rejuvenate and revitalize damaged or aged tissue, thereby increasing circulation and leading to better and more frequent erections. It’s a safe and easy 15-minute procedure that Foyé MD and Spa medical professionals perform in-office.
If you’re interested in learning more about overcoming your ED, book an appointment today with the compassionate and professional team of health care providers at Foyé MD and Spa. You can call the office or use the convenient online booking tool.