The importance of weight loss as it concerns our daily living cannot be overemphasized. During our regular eat-and-run routine, the massive-portion-sized culture, we all know maintaining a healthy weight can be tough—and losing weight, even tougher. A lot of people have tried and failed to lose weight after many trials; most believe that diets don’t work for them. Even though some of them are right: some dieting plans don’t work at all and of course for a diet regime to be effective, it has to be compatible with the person undergoing it. At Foye MD and Spa, Houston, Texas, we provide efficient and cost-effective solutions and weight loss regimes.
We respond differently to foods we take; this is because our body system operates in its unique way. Knowing fully well that there’s no easy route or technique to losing weight, there are plenty of routines you can engage in, that can help develop a healthier relationship with food, curb emotional triggers to overeating, and achieve lasting weight-loss success.
Dr. Foye is a medical doctor by profession, and she is the managing director at Foye MD and Spa Houston, TX 77018. We provide people around Houston Heights with various products and techniques that can be applied to make their skin glow, keep them in good shape, and maintain the look they spent so much to achieve.
At Foye MD and Spa, Houston, we have been able to discover a few exciting things for a healthy body and mind, they include,
- Planning meals and snacks to decrease stress.
- Understand how your body works; this will help increase your knowledge of your body’s metabolism.
- You need to understand eating disorder thoughts and behaviors.
- Eat small but regular meals every 2-4 hour.
- Endeavor to have a snack or meal 3 hours before bedtime.
- Always eat small portions.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
We also encourage going to see a dietician. Going to see a weight-loss counselor is one of the most frustrating actions to take both for the dietitians and us. The focus could either be to lose weight, treat an eating disorder, or improve a chronic medical condition. Nutritional counseling offers an ongoing process to help enhance an individual’s health and wellness. Certified dieticians should be able to administer this Nutritional counseling; the procedure involves an assessment, diagnosis, intervention, maintenance period, and evaluation.
Skin and facial care
We should know that while trying to shed weight, it is also possible to lose skin. We will be sharing with you how to balance both, and we will be sharing some remedies when such a situation arise.
When you are losing so much weight in a short time, your skin might not be able to keep up with the pace. Knowing fully well that our skin is elastic, it as the tendency to stretch with your body shape and then contract again to match it, but this can’t happen when your weight loss regime is too fast. Apart from loosing skin, other challenges could include; Acne, wrinkles, stretch marks, among others. Here is a list of potential solutions for skin and facial rejuvenation that will help in eradicating any side effects.
- The Botulinum toxin(BOTOX): this is used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by paralyzing the underlying muscles. This toxin blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. This muscle that has been injected can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is usually used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines.
- Fillers: Restylane and Juvederm are hyaluronic acid-containing dermal fillers used to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. These are nonsurgical (noninvasive) procedures. They can be used as cheek fillers and lip fillers.
- Use of Intense Pulse Light(IPL): Acne is a common problem, and the widely recognized and active mode of treatment is the use of pulse light. The redness and swelling that comes with acne are usually caused by a type of bacteria that can be killed by exposing your skin to different kinds of light. Blue light, red light or a combination can be used
- Sculptra: this is a cosmetic filler that is injectable and can be used to restore facial volume loss due to aging or illness. It also works for your cheeks (i.e., as a cheek filler and lip filler). This is also called body sculpting.
- Kybella: also, chemically known as Deoxycholic acid is a filler used for the lower part of the chin. You could be concerned about the amount of fat under your chin, which is also called submental fullness, Kybella is the right cure.
- Anti-aging procedures: skin loses leads to wrinkles, subsequently leading to aging. An Anti-aging process called Vampire facial is beneficial. It is a way of getting blood from one’s body, placing it in a centrifuge, then reapplying it to the face, to promote cell renewal.
Other skin diseases include Hyperpigmentation; this is the darkening of an area of skin or nails caused by increased melanin. It could also be brown spots appearing in various locations on the surface.
This issue can be resolved through the use of IPL (intense pulse light), cosmetic procedure, among others. Applying all the aforementioned strategies should give you the satisfaction you desire as it concerns your weight, your skin and facial looks. For more professional procedures on weight loss, simply walk into our medical spa near you – Foye MD and Spa for everyone in the Houston Heighs area.